Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tofu "chicken" salad

This is just so simple, so adaptable, and so good.  You have to try it today, ok, maybe tomorrow.  I dont have a recipe, but here's some guidance:

Tofu "chicken" salad

Press tofu.
I like to cut it, then wrap it with 3 paper towels, and press it on top of a cookie drying rack with a cast iron weight on top.  I like to start pressing it at lunch for dinner.

Cook it.
I pan fry it.  A little oil.  Wait to flip/stir until one side is toasted. Then toast the other sides.  Let cool a little.

Toss it.
I mix in a splash of balsamic vinegar, then a little mayo/yogurt, and then... maybe some mustard with diced red peppers, or curry and raisins with coconut... However, you make your chicken salad, do that.

Serve it.
I think a bed of spinach is great here, but it would probably work well in a wrap or a pita.

No comments:

Post a Comment